Sunday, January 16, 2022

Jacksonville, FL

Florida Theatre
Tuesday, December 21, 2021

We previously played Jacksonville in 2014 & 2018. It was always at the very end of our tour, and we were always excited to be in warmer weather. 

On Monday the 20th, we traveled from Cedar Falls to the Cedar Rapids airport (about an hour drive) on our bus; flew to Charlotte, NC for a 4-hour layover before finally getting to Jacksonville about 11pm.

We were able to sleep in the next day, because we only had one show that night in Jacksonville. As was our usual routine, my friend Ryan and I walked to the theater, it was a short jaunt right across the St. Johns River. It was cooler than expected, and foggy, as seen by these pictures. 





As I said, I've played this theatre twice before, and I remembered it as being small and at least not very well kept. That remains true, though it does have character -- as it is quite a classic place, opened in 1927.





















Very colorful and mostly made of wood. 

After the show, I walked back to the hotel by myself. But I did go out to the front and get a picture of the marquee (the lights in the -da of Florida were out).



Sad to spot this as I post these pictures -- Bob Saget was on a stand-up comedy tour through Florida when he passed away THE DAY after this appearance.

A new place, Fort Lauderdale, is next!

No comments: