Sunday, January 16, 2022

Fort Lauderdale, FL

Broward Center for the Performing Arts Theatre
Wednesday, December 22, 2021

I've played Lakeland (near Tampa, 2014), Sarasota (2018), Estero (near Fort Myers, 2018), Jacksonville (2014, 2018, 2021), and West Palm Beach (2014, 2018, 2021). This was my first time in Fort Lauderdale (near Miami). 

It was a nice, easy, and beautiful drive down the east coast of Florida to arrive at our super cool hotel in Fort Lauderdale. The entire hotel was like being on a cruise ship. Huge aquarium tanks in the lobby and portholes as lights in the hallways. The weather was perfect; where Jacksonville had been misty and cool, this was sunny and breezy. When I got to my room, I opened the sliding door on the patio and just let the fresh air come in for over an hour.

The theater was too far from the hotel for me to walk, otherwise I would have done that. Funny enough, the theater also had cruise ship vibes. See for yourself!

The Maritime Hotel--




Hallway lights--
My room--




At the theater--







This is the lobby--




Now inside the theater--






Yes, this carpet is in the lobby and in the theater--it's Florida...









Neat place, modern and nice. Nice people, great crowd. Just one show here, then on to West Palm Beach for our last two shows tomorrow!

No comments: