Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Hartford, CT

The Bushnell Theatre
Sunday, November 28, 2021

This year, we've driven through Hartford on our way from Poughkeepsie, NY to Lowell, MA and again on our way from Lowell to Stamford, CT. 

This marks my 3rd time performing at the Bushnell in Hartford, CT -- first in 2014, then again in 2015. It's very special to me, because it's where we opened our show the first year back in 2014. Lots of memories in Hartford.

Look at how thin I was back then! This is from the opening night party, 2014 --


Me in my dressing room in Hartford in 2014; it's also worth noting that 2014 is the only year I shaved my head rather than use a bald cap in the show --


This year was slightly different in that we were in Hartford for only one day (2014 we spent a week at the theater, and actually our first performance was cancelled because of a big snowstorm--which is hilarious because that's sort of the plot of our show!; in 2015 we were here for 4 days), and it was the end of our busy weekend, as I mentioned in the last post. We'd had 2 shows a day the past 2 days, in 2 different cities.

I think the best part of the Bushnell is the small green room just off the right side of the stage. I've previously written about it and included tons of pictures. This room is FULL of signatures of famous people who've performed at the theater. 

My favorites --










I made sure to mention this spectacular and historic room to the rest of the cast; several of them were very excited to see the various names throughout the room.

The theater opened in 1930 and seats 2,799 people. It's ceiling has the largest hand-painted mural of its type in the United States; titled "Drama" (painted by Barry Faulkner in 1929 with a group of Prix De Rome artists). It's absolutely beautiful.







It's remarkable to look at! The cast was audibly excited when they first saw the theater. Lots of gold and beautiful designs; it's an art-deco design, and I love that. I really didn't get any terrific pictures in years past, but I took care of that this year -- ENJOY!






















New Brunswick, NJ is next!

No comments: