Saturday, December 11, 2021

Chattanooga, TN

Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Auditorium
Thursday, December 9, 2021

I'd never been to Chattanooga and was excited to visit. My sister lives in Nashville (about 90 minutes away) and was coming to see the show.

We were staying at a historic hotel, the Read House. It had a ridiculous lobby and a staff of WAY too many people with funny hats standing around. The room was small and basic, but still, a nice hotel. It is said that one of the rooms (311) is haunted; and you can even take a tour of the room. Whatever. :)









The travel from Roanoke, VA to Chattanooga was about 4.5 hours, so again, I was able to check into the hotel and have time prior to our call time at the theater in order to walk around and see some of the city. Some neat buildings and sights.








The theater is really just a large auditorium, very similar to the one in Lowell, MA; in fact they are both Veterans Memorial auditoriums. Well, if you remember the theater in Providence is also called Veterans Theater, but it's an actual theater, not just an auditorium.

























Another nice crowd, though they were seated quite far back from the edge of our stage -- making it hard to hear and see them. My sister said there were kids all around her who were dressed up and/or talking about seeing Rudolph and were so excited. I love that.

Sister and I after the show. 

Thankfully, our next performance was in Knoxville, TN (which we'd driven through the day before on our way from Roanoke to Chattanooga), and it's only about 90 minutes from Chattanooga. That meant we were not in a hurry at all! We got to stay in Chattanooga for lunch and left afterward to head to Knoxville.

But before leaving, my sister took me around to some places in town. More artsy places and neat buildings.







Nice place, I wish I had more time to check it out. Oh well! Knoxville, TN is next!

No comments: