Friday, April 4, 2008

My New Camera--KODAK M863


M863 sounds like a car that James Bond would drive...but alas, it's the model of my new camera. Sadly, my Minolta G500 Dimage doesn't seem to want to work properly. I can still take pictures on the camera...but only using it's internal memory. And sadly, the internal memory only takes about 17 pictures, at a very small size. So it's just not worth it.
Outside the Yongsan area (the 63 Building [tallest building in Korea] in the distance)--
So I bought a new camera this past weekend. I went to Yongsan Electronics Market--the vastness of which I cannot adequately describe. The place is massive, with several levels, all full of electronics. None of the items (laptops, desktops, mp3 players, cell phones, video cameras, cameras, spaceships) have any prices on them; everything is negotiable.

The 63 Building up closer--I had to find a salesman that could speak English well enough to at least answer my questions and show me a camera that would fit what I needed.

A shot of Namdaemun, the gate that was burned; high walls are built around it--
It has some really cool features. Firstly, unlike my previous camera, this one can record videos longer than 30 seconds, allowing me to videotape anything I want; including the 10 songs I sang the other night at karaoke (which can be found HERE).

It also can take panoramic pictures, which is especially cool. You actually take 3 separate pictures, and the camera stitches the pictures together to form one cohesive picture. It's incredible.

Panorama of the Yongsan area (remember to CLICK the picture to enlarge it)-- A panoramo of my room-- Also, the camera has a much better flash than my old one. There are so many features on the camera. I have to read more and just play around with it to see how to best use it.

A cool shot of the subway train approaching; I did some after effects to it--Attempts at getting a close up shot--I'm still working out the macro focus--The next few weeks will be spent reading more about my camera in order to get the most out of it...including the best pictures. I will certainly share them here.

Until the next adventure!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow. Love the shots. Cool camera!