Friday, March 28, 2008

GOD is REAL

Yes, God is real. I have believed in God for many years. But if I ever doubted His existence--I can do so no more.

Remember, sometime last month, I wrote a blog which detailed a journey to COEX Mall. I was hungry and desperate to find something I could eat--and I saw, in the distance, a SBARRO Italian Eatery. I was overjoyed. This alone could prove the existence of a higher power.

However, that experience doesn't come close to the excitement I felt this past week.

On Tuesday morning, I headed back to Severance Hospital for my appointment with an eye doctor. When I was there last week to get x-rays on my hand and knee, I asked the regular doctor about lasik surgery. He set up this appointment with another doctor in the hospital.

So I arrived for my appointment. They did all kinds of tests on my eyes. To make a long (and potentially gross) story short; I am NOT eligible for lasik surgery. I've got an astigmatism in both eyes, and the doctor said something about myopia. Okay, so I can't have lasik surgery--I'll wear glasses for the rest of my life. But that's not the exciting part.

When I left the hospital, it was around 12:00 noon. I had awoke that morning at 6:30 a.m. to catch the 7:20 a.m. shuttle to Ilsan, so I could get to the hospital for my 9:00 a.m. appointment. So I was hungry.

I decided to take a different route from the hospital, to walk around and see a new part of town. Without looking at my handy guide, I knew that I'd eventually come across some place that I could eat. McDonalds, Burger King, Lotteria, something.

What I found confirms the very existence of GOD: Quizno's Subs.

QUIZNO'S!! I found a QUIZNO'S! No one had ever mentioned to me that Korea contained any Quizno's! I mean, Subway is good and all...but Quizno's is out of this world! Even though the sky was overcast this particular Tuesday, a definite ray of light was shining from Heaven upon this discovery.

This was different from my Sbarro's sighting. The Sbarro I saw was in the distance, and I was unsure of what I saw. I thought it was a mirage. However, my discovery of Quizno's was not unlike Indiana Jones coming face to face with the Ark of the Covenant in "Raiders of the Lost Ark"; and just as spiritual an experience. I did a triple take at the storefront directly in front of me. I walked in, garnering a few funny looks from the customers. I may have been walking in super slow motion into the restaurant, out of sheer shock; and that's why they may have been staring. That or the fact that, like a little dog, I'd peed my pants with excitement.

Anyway, I couldn't believe that this was real. All the signs, all the decorations, even the smells were identical to my American Quizno's experiences. I ordered my regular sandwich, The Traditional. They have this ranch dressing they put on the sandwich that is absolutely indescribably good. I ate my meal slowly and with care. I'll definitely return there again and again.

When I was finished and I was turning in my tray, I said, "Mashee-eessoyo", which means, "That was DELICIOUS." The lady laughed.

What a terrific lunch.

Unfortunately, I have no pictures for you. My camera is acting up. It will not recognize any memory card I put into it--thus making it impossible to take pictures. Fortunately, I am in South Korea, which has some of the largest electronics manufacturers and stores in the world. I'm looking into purchasing a new digital camera this coming week. Any helpful hints regarding a camera would be most appreciated.

No comments: