Friday, December 27, 2019

Binghamton, NY

BROOME COUNTY FORUM, Binghamton, NY - December 5, 2019

From Wilkes-Barre, PA to Binghamton, NY is a short 2 hour trip. We are always thankful for travel days when we can sleep in prior to arriving in the next city and performing on the same day. Plus, if there is something neat to see in any city, we want some time to do that prior to having to arrive at the theater.

I'd never been to Binghamton, and I can't even tell you now exactly where it is. 

Cool view from my hotel room--

Now at the theater--




























As I recall, the show went just fine--but it was later at the hotel that things got silly.

I was clearly tired from the past few days, and when I got back to the hotel after our performance, I just fell asleep on the bed. Not IN the bed, on the bed. No earplugs, no white noise, hadn't brushed my teeth, no shower, etc. Just fell asleep.

Well, about 30 minutes after I fell asleep, I heard a beeping noise. I thought it was someone's alarm clock in their room and gave it no mind. But then it just kept going. And as I got more awake, I realized it was the fire alarm!

I opened my door and several other members of the cast were making their way to the stairs. I followed them most of the way down until those at the front of our group had reached the bottom and were told it was just a mistake, apparently a worker from the hotel had bumped the fire alarm with a broom or something, and we could go back to our rooms.

Well the alarm continued for a little while. After a few minutes, it stopped. But looking out my window, I could see an ambulance and two fire trucks making their way to our hotel. Oh this will be fun.

Then the alarm started again. I wasn't going to leave this time. I just watched as the firemen arrived and slowly made their way inside the hotel. The alarm eventually stopped for good, and I took a shower, brushed my teeth, and got IN the bed. 

Firemen arriving--


The next morning was an early travel day to Boston. I had to mentally prepare for 8 shows in 3 days.

Those pics and stories coming up next!

No comments: