Saturday, December 1, 2018

Albany, NY

If you didn't know, I'm a fan of capital cities and capitol buildings (capitAl is the city, capitOl is the building). Also, if you didn't know, Albany is the capital of New York.

Though I've traveled to/from Albany, Rudolph has never played in Albany. I'm very glad we got to spend a couple days in Albany; this gave me an opportunity to see the capitol building.

If you've seen any Harry Potter movies, or really any movie that involves any type of castle/dungeon, this will seem hauntingly familiar.

I encourage you to look up the story of this capitol building; how long and how much money it took to complete. It's ridiculous...and perfectly sums up the government of New York to me.

Here are a multitude of pictures from the capitol!
















































Crazy, right!? I think I heard that Albany is one of only 10 capitol buildings that does not have a dome.

After the tour of the capitol, a few of us headed to a grilled cheese place called "Capitol Melts". Absolutely delicious. I had a pulled pork BBQ grilled cheese sandwich with baked tater tots and a Boylan black cherry soda. All 4 of us enjoyed ourselves very much (Candice, Ben, and Jamie).


Here are some shots of the city and then the amazing theater! 




 



 











Now the theater lobby --


 


 Thanks for reading! More to come soon! I gotta catch up, I know!



No comments: